Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mothering is Easier when you're 5...

     I remember when I was a small girl. I loved playing with my baby alive baby doll, feeding them those really cool bottles that gave the illusion of emptying out the liquid (I had milk and orange juice bottles), changing their diapers once or twice a day and changing their clothes almost hourly. Mixing up the peas and carrots then cleaning up the poop after I fed him. If I didn't feel like cleaning up a diaper..I simply did not feed my baby that day. My baby, who I named Aaron, hardly ever cried and if he did I normally smacked him on the butt and he hushed or I just put him in bed and told him to be quiet and he listened and went to sleep until 'Mommy' was ready to play again. I look back on those wonderful 'parenting' days and wonder...WHY THE HECK DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME IT WOULD NOT BE THAT EASY??...Okay..but seriously? I never expected some of the things that have been thrown at me since I've become a mother.
       No one told me there was a difference in diaper brands, and that some would be better than others. No one told me I had the option of cloth diapering, formula, breast, or anything of the nature. No one informed me that when I became a mother I might not sleep for more than 4 hours straight for years. No one informed me that sometimes a tiny person could make a grown adult want to jump out of a window or pull every hair out of my head one by one while singing somewhere over the rainbow. It's proven...Children Drive You Crazy!
       This blog is for you. The crazy mother. Let's journey through these wonderful adventures through the Motherlands together. I'll post reviews, funny stories, pictures, recipes, and every thing in between.  I'll post frequently, and promise to make you laugh along the way. Life is crazy at times...why not bask in the craziness??

So buckle up, relax (if you can) and get ready for takeoff....

Until Next Time...
Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment