Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Gluten, Dairy, Egg Free Cookies (Great for Mama Milk)

       So about three weeks ago I bought the ingredients to try to make lactation cookies. Since being on my new health journey I have tried many things...but coconut sugar, flax seed and oat flour was not on my list of "interesting things to try" So..I left the ingredients sit. The other day Z asked me to make sugar cookies and I thought my determination for a healthy body was strong enough to avoid temptation. I made the cookies. I kept looking at them and it was as if they were looking back. I almost ate one..but decided to make these instead. I am SO glad I did. These are chewy, delish and great for little Mikey's mama milk. They're gluten, dairy and egg free and very low sugar really. The only refined sugar was in the chocolate chips... so for me, the sugar in it was okay. . I find these are easy enough to add in some nuts or something else too, if you like. My conscious is still in tack!


 You will need:
2 cups gluten free old fashioned oats (Plus 1/2 cup)
4 Tablespoons ground Flax Seed
1/2 cup water
6 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup coconut sugar (on the shelf it looks like a plastic container of brown sugar)
1/4 cup certified gluten free debittered brewers yeast ****if using for mama milk omit if not
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt (I used pink Himalayan)
2/3 Enjoy Life allergen free chocolate chips

You will also need a blender of some sort. I used my baby bullet and it worked great! >>>>>>

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350F - Line the baking sheet with foil, parchment paper or silicon mat

Step 1) Pour 2 cups of the GF oats into the blender. Blend until the oats become a flour. - This part was cool for me, it was the first time I had made oat flour lol.

Step 2) Mix the flax seed and water in a large bowl - let sit for just a few moments

Step 3) After a few moments add in the coconut oil, brewers yeast**, vanilla, baking soda and salt, stir again until well combined.

Step 4) Gradually stir in the oat flour - then fold in the 1/2 cup of GF oats and chocolate chips

Step 5) Drop by tablespoons onto the pan and use your spoon or fingers to push down the mixture a little bit, they won't spread too much. The mixture will be a very soft dough.

Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the outside. Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the cookie sheet..I learned this the hard way lol..the entire bottom comes off if you do not wait.

These store well in room temp for a few days but stay fresh better in the refrigerator and will last up to a couple weeks stored in an airtight container. They taste just like no bake cookies to me, and are sooooo good. I mean, what I am saying is...store them however you want..they aren't going to last anyways.

Please let me know if you tried these and what you think of them! I am so excited to hear your thoughts. I noticed a distinct difference in my mama milk supply the same day. It was kinda awesome!

With Love,
Bea



No comments:

Post a Comment