Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Wecoming Ben and Brady


      Meet Ben and Brady! Our two new family members! We are so excited to add these two pups into our lives. Puppyhood is hard! While managing my oil business, kids, home, and self care - I am now managing puppy care. Fun! We have a family that works well together though, so it works for us! Right now Ben and Brady are learning boundaries and potty training. I am constantly amazed with how smart they are. I feel blessed to have found out about them by chance. Our friend texted me to share a picture of this little Shepard looking puppy and how he was up for adoption. One thing led to another and I am messaging the adoption organization trying to get these two. We loved them from the moment we saw them. They're so incredibly different too, like Ben (the furrier one/Black collar) is calm and gentle. He is the big brother protector. When Z cries, he is there making sure he is okay. He loves eating rocks though and that is a problem, we are working on it. Brady is the high strung little crazy brother. He is just hyper and has trouble listening. So, I am trying to train them on their individual levels - teaching Brady to wait and Ben to lay down etc. 
     I've read a lot of things that say getting litter mates is a bad idea and I have also read a lot of things that says it's not so bad. In my opinion, it's harder but I feel it will be worth it after they are trained. When I call Ben, Brady comes and vise versa. Brady has a little bit of separation anxiety when Ben isn't near and Ben is fine to explore on his own. The potty training seems to be the most difficult thing we are dealing with right now and even that is moving forward smoothly. I mean seriously, it's only been 5 days and these puppies have already surpassed what I thought they'd learn in a month. I am most impressed! 
    In other news, I had to revert to draft over 100 posts for non-compliance for my oil company so my blog seems kind of light right now. But, I am working on those posts and adding new ones so it'll be back and running like a champ in no time. 
   Here is a picture J took of the puppies...it's absolutely adorable! 

 
Brady (Blue) & Ben





No comments:

Post a Comment