Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Alien Invasion

So I wanted to share with you a recent shoot we did. I think it turned out magnificent. I created the headpiece using hot glue, model paint, gems, glitter and just a bit of focus and time. I created several pieces and then added them all together. I think it turned out well, however I do wish I would have made it a bit longer down the back. J and I collaboratively did the body art for this set and I think that it turned out amazing and perfectly as planned. The paint is suppose to be crackle, and look like molting skin.
Here is another view. The paint we used was silver and purple metallic tempera paint. It was sprayed with hairspray to make the crackle effort more..well effective. With any water based paint, there are a lot of touch-ups needed, cracking and peeling are to expected with sweat/water/time.  We used a brush to apply the paint. J added on the base coat of silver, then I went and swirled in the purple, and J went back over and blended with silver. It was a simple yet time consuming application. Amie [Our model here] did fantastic.


 The nails were also an addition that we felt added to the concept. They are false nails, obviously. I took two or three nails and glued them together using the nail glue provided in the nail kit. Then I trimmed the tops to be at a point and used an emery board to smooth out the 'claw'. I painted the nails with a matte model paint for the no shine effect and while wet I added a gradual glitter from the tip of the nail to the center. I wanted them to be glamorous like the rest of our design.The eyes are contacts purchased from SillyFarm.com. They were quite pricey but well worth the cost.
This was a very very fun shoot, and a great day with great people. I am excited for us to work with Amie again, and implement another fantastic concept.

Hope you enjoyed this set!
Lady Bea


No comments:

Post a Comment