Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Painted Rainbow

I would like to share with you my thoughts on a recent shoot we did with Kirst. Where the idea for this came from was...well, I don't really know. I woke up one day and told J I had this idea..and it was hard to explain. But from the turnout of the images, you can see that it came out great. The headpiece was pretty simple to make, but the white pallet wasn't the easiest thing to find. We wanted something small enough that it didn't take away from the model but something big enough for the design, and wow effect we were looking for. I think this achieved that effect. We chose a white pallet because we felt it would be more fashion like than the typical brown wooden ones you find in the store and I did want to paint the wood because I did not want the wood grain design it would leave behind. We wanted a clean look...well, as clean as you can get throwing paint all over someone..

I used a simple kit set of brushes for the prop brushes. They cost me around $10 at Michael's. The paint on the headpiece [NOT the model] is acrylic so that it would harden. On the model is a combination of face paint and non-toxic Crayola kids paint. I used the tubes to the acrylic paint in the headpiece and I glued the brushes on in no particular order. We painted the models face white so that the paint would show up better in portraits. Similar to a mime effect look.

I like this creative edit I did on this shot. It brought out the color of her eyes but left the color of the paint. I think it turned out well, and it was a very fun day!

Lady Bea



No comments:

Post a Comment