Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cheese Pizza Wrap - Quick and Easy!

Today was a long day! To start out the day we missed my son's flight to Ohio...that was not good. Then we had to work, so that took a bit of time out of the day. By time I had time to even think about how hungry we all were it was 2pm...so I decided to try something I had seen on Pinterest some time ago. A pizza wrap! Of course I had to add my own flare, because I love Italian seasonings! We were so hungry in fact, that I failed to take pictures of how I made it! But, it's super easy and very flexible.



What you'll need:
-1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Any brand will probably do)
-6 slices thin sliced Provolone cheese
-About 1/2c Mozzarella
-Pepperoni
-Sausage
-1/4c or less - pizza sauce
-Italian Seasoning
-Parsley
-Oregano
-1 Egg (Separate for just the white)
-Salt
-Garlic Salt


...And anything else you like in your pizza! If you want a ton of fillings, you may need two cans of rolls.

On a greased cookie sheet or pizza stone (I prefer the stone) lay out each triangle of the crescent rolls opposite of each other. After all the crescent rolls are laid out fold cheese in half and lay down the middle of the dough.
Do not put the sauce on the bottom layer, this will make the bread very soggy.
Spoon about 1 inch thick line of sauce down the middle of the bread on top of the folded provalone.
Add the rest of your fillings and top with the mozzarella.

Now the fun part! fold over each roll, and pinch with the other side. You are going to want all of the fillings covered and folded tight. I took my hands and lightly squeezed the entire roll together, so that it would not come apart or open in the oven. Alternate sides, so that you get a semi-braided look.

Brush with egg whites, sprinkle garlic, salt, oregano, italian seasoning, parsley over top and admire the beauty you have just made!

Cook at a preheated oven on 375F for 20 minutes or until done throughout.

This is soooo good, I bet we could make mini ones for each person in the house!

Until Next Time - Eat Swell

Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment