Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

I'm Happy You Were Born

    Ah, where to begin. My youngest son is two today. I woke up this morning like every other morning except..I officially do not have a baby anymore. Z woke up oblivious to the fact that he was another year older and was just focused on wanting to wear a Thomas the Train shirt that is way too big. Picking my battles.  I remember when Christopher turned two, he wore a special "I'm two" outfit and was dressed to the nines from head to toe. He was dirty in 30 minutes and hated being dirty. There went that outfit. I didn't even attempt to dress Z special for his special day..he's special enough without some fancy outfit I'll put on him once.

    Zachary, I am so happy you exist. I am so happy you were born, so blessed that you took your first breathe of air only after residing in my womb for over 9 months. The moment I felt that first flutter of movement in my belly was the beginning of the never ending movement of your body. You never rest, even now. The flips, and turns and twirling. The jumping and running and rolling around...it's you. From the moment I felt you, it was you. You have taught me that love is endless. You have taught me that even when I feel I can fight no more, I can. I will be here for you forever, you are always my baby and I am always your mommy. Being your mother has been the absolute greatest joy and I am so very blessed to have you as mine. Over the past two years I have felt the heartache of learning about your seizures and going through yet another autism diagnosis. I felt like giving up so many times..but how do you give up? You cannot..and you got me through that, my little Z. I love you to the moon and alllll the way to the bottom of the deepest ocean and allll the way back to the moon!

    I always feel so nostalgic on birthdays. I hope for the future that each year he grows just as much as the last, that his blessings in life multiply and only get bigger. I cannot imagine what this next year will hold but I only hope for the best. <3 <3

Little Z is two. 

He knows his ABC's
He can say about 70 words
He knows a ton of bugs and animals by pointing
He knows about 20 signs for words
He knows the colors red, blue, green, yellow, black and purple
He dislikes sleeping, sitting still and sour tastes
He loves trains, cars and airplanes
He loves sports like soccer, throwing balls and golf
He loves books, learning games and his iPad
Z drinks from an open faced cup
Z is officially weaned as of about 2 weeks ago

Happy Birthday Z
Mommy Lovesss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment