Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recipes From Around the World

So, with the summer months coming rapidly upon us and the kids getting out of school. I've come up with some educational fun things for the kids to do. One of the things I have come up with is Recipes Around the World. I am very excited about this project with the kids! Every week, minus a busy week here and there, I will make a recipe from a foreign part of the world. During the week I will have the kids research, yes research in the summer months, about the country. At dinner, when we are eating our new ethnic meal, they can report to Jim and I some interesting facts about where ever our dinner inspired from. I think this is going to be awesome! I am even thinking about getting a map to mark off where we have "eaten". I was also thinking about letting them make different place mats for dinner to go with the theme of the meal.

I just had to write this down, have you ever done anything like this with your kids? What did you do? Did they enjoy it?

I was thinking about doing dishes inspired from Mexican, American, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, French, British, German, and Australian cultures. I am very excited about this adventure as I will learn a lot of new thinks as well.

Lady Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment