Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Red Wine Glazed Pork Chops


Okay, I adore Italian cooking. A-D-O-R-E. My family, well they like the pasta, but not the strong tastes of oregano, thyme, cilantro etc. like me. However, sometimes I make a heavily Italian inspired dish and they love it, they probably could eat it every day just like me...in my dreams haha.

For this dish I decided to go full on Italian with heavy spices and jazzed it up with red wine. I thought these pork chops where fantastic, and the family agreed.

You will need:
6-8 bone in, Pork chops
Red Cooking Wine
Olive Oil 
1 clove of Garlic

Spices you will need:
Thyme
Parsley
Cilantro
Oregano
Salt/Pepper

Heat up a large skillet on medium heat- with the clove of garlic, coarsely chopped and 1tea of olive oil. Heat up for about 2 minutes. Add in 1/2cup red wine - BE CAREFUL, THE WINE CAN AND WILL FLAME UP AND POP. I removed the pan from the stove to add the wine. ADD SLOWLY. Simmer for about 5 minutes, the wine will reduce. The smell is amazing.

In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup olive oil, 1tea of each thyme, parsley, cilantro and oregano and then 1/2t each salt and pepper. This mixture will serve as a rub for your pork.

Slather the chops with the mixture on both sides with the mixture, and add two at a time into the pan and cook for 6-7 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until done. Adjust cooking times for your stove.

I served this dish with rice.





Until Next time....
Lady Bea


No comments:

Post a Comment