Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rustic Pizza Poppers

Hello! Today I decided to cook up something a bit different for lunch. Turns out, it's an absolute hit and I will be making it for years to come. Here is my recipe for Rustic French Bread Pizza Poppers!

You will need :
1 egg
Mozzarella/provolone cheese sticks
Can of Pillsbury Simply French Bread
Pepperoni
and Italian seasoning.

Recipe makes approximately 12 poppers


                     While you're making your poppers go ahead and preheat that oven to 350F =)


*Separate the dough into about 12-15 pieces. Don't worry if some are bigger than others- just make sure you get to the biggest ones first...trust me you'll want the big ones!

*Flatten the dough one by one - this is important because dough of this nature will just reform back into a ball, so best to just do it one by one to save you the new grey hairs.

*Add your pepperoni and cheese - You can use your favorite kinds of cheese and add different toppings as well. If you do, please come back and leave me a comment with how it turned out!

*Pinch the edges over the toppings. Be sure to make sure there are no openings or thin spots showing color from the pepperoni. Place the popper pinched side down on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

*Continue to do this until all your poppers are created....You're getting hungry aren't you?





 *When all your poppers are completed brush the top with lightly beaten egg and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.


* Bake your yummies for about 20 minutes...

~Let them cool, they will be very hot!~

Serve with warm pizza sauce for dippin' & enjoy!


           My family loved these! I know for sure that next time I make them I will have to double up on my recipe. Also I would add more cheese to my poppers. These are very customizable and the bread is just amazing. I made a few with only cheese and they were awesome too! Let me know what you think!

Until Next Time....

Lady Bea

No comments:

Post a Comment