Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

The Search for the Perfect Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe...

Over the winter months Dunkin Donuts came out with a banana chocolate chip muffin that one day I spontaneously purchased. It was LOVE at first bite. The fluffy moist banana taste with the chocolate sweetness was just delicious and I had found a new favorite treat. Over the next few weeks Jim would buy me 6 muffins when we were close to the DD and I would snack on them through the week. One day I went to get my weekly muffins they told me the worst news ever...my muffins were discontinued. So there starts my search, for the perfect banana chocolate chip muffin recipe.
I tried Krustez Brand chocolate cup muffins, which were fantastic but they just wasn't giving me that taste that my taste buds ever desire. Betty Crocker makes a chocolate chip muffin recipe with alternative directions to make banana chocolate chip muffins....not the same, in fact we didn't like them at all. So I decided I have to take this upon myself...to create the perfect banana chocolate chip muffin.

Today my bananas were just at that point where I could use them in the recipe. I tried my first recipe...which came out way to dense. I would NEVER make it again. So...3 attempts down, however many the universe decides to torture me with left.



No comments:

Post a Comment